Workshop series: Collaborative Manifesto for Experimental Humanities at CEU
The Department of Gender Studies and the CEU-OSUN Experimental Humanities Collaborative Network (EHCN) organized three workshops devoted to creating a Collaborative Manifesto for Experimental Humanities at CEU (read more here).
The first workshop was concerned with discussing the broad scope of the humanities in society, academia and contemporary activism(s).
The second workshop concerned discussing the broad scope of the humanities in society, academia and contemporary activism(s). It will result in the creation of a Vision Statement in the form of a manifesto for the humanities at CEU. This will then be used to design courses and events for the next academic year.
The third workshop: on the basis of some notable manifestos from the past, in this workshop, we aimed to produce a collaborative manifesto for Experimental Humanities, and compare it to one generated by AI. Our manifesto will then be used as a vision statement for CEU’s participation in the Experimental Humanities Collaborative Network (EHCN), and shape the future courses and events developed under its aegis.
Additionally, we aimed to address more practical issues, including:
- What opportunities for artistic practice and/or the study of the humanities can be enabled at CEU?
- How can we ensure that courses/practices are sufficiently inclusive and academically rigorous?
- What opportunities are there for engaging in Vienna’s cultural life?
- What space/support is there for student-led projects/productions?
- How can the power of AI be utilized in the Humanities?
Dates and Times
June 1 15:40-17:20 (QS B-505)