CEU’s Department of Gender Studies Thanks
The Department of Gender Studies would like to express its appreciation to all alumni, friends, colleagues, and associates from around the globe for the outstanding support and solidarity we, as the community of the Department and CEU in general, have received over the past several days since learning of the Hungarian government’s attack on our university.
We are extremely grateful for the solidarity of other Gender Studies academics, programs, and associations worldwide.
The outpouring of institutional support for CEU and academic freedom includes:
- Associazione Orlando, Bologna
- ATGENDER, The European Association for Gender Research, Education and Documentation
- Centre for Women’s Studies, Zagreb
- Charles University, Department of Gender Studies
- Department of Women’s Studies at the University of Maryland
- ELTE Research Centre of Women’s History
- GEA - Gender and Education Association
- GEMMA Erasmus Mundus in Gender and Women's Studies Consortium
- Institute for Research on Women, Gender, and Sexuality at Columbia University
- Institute of Gender Studies, Tbilisi State University (TSU), Georgia
- Laboratoire d'études de genre et de sexualité, UPL, Université Paris 8, Université Paris Nanterre, CNRS, France (LEGS)
- Mnémosyne, association française pour le développement de l'histoire des femmes et du genre / French Association for Women's and Gender History
- Sabancı University Center of Excellence for Gender and Women's Studies
- Utrecht University Gender Studies
For more information on the situation and what you can do to help, please visit the page #istandwithCEU.
Gender Studies, with the rest of CEU, will fight this legislation. We are accepting students for programs starting September 2017, and we look forward to welcoming them. We want to continue to provide a space for critical scholarship on gender topics in the vibrant, stimulating environment that is CEU and Budapest.