PhD program application information 2019-20
The Department of Gender Studies at Central European University is accepting applications for admission beginning in September, 2019.
The department welcomes research projects in various fields of gender studies, and will consider the department's supervisory availability and matches during the admission process (for more information, here)
Applicants are not required to secure an agreement with a faculty member for supervision; first-year students request a supervisor after having the chance to meet and work with faculty for two months at the beginning of the program.
All positions are fully funded, which includes a full tuition waiver and living stipend for three academic years; there are further opportunities to apply for additional research, writing, and teaching grants in the later stages of the program, the length of which is usually between 4-6 years.
- January 31, 2019 (23:59 CET*) CLOSED!
- All applications must be complete with relevant standard test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, etc.).
- PhD proposal up to 1000 words
- 3 recommendation letters
- Relevant transcripts and diploma(s)
- Applicants selected for an interview will be invited to send a writing sample (published or unpublished) of at least 3500 words written in, or translated to, English