The Journal of Illiberalism Studies plans a special issue on “Illiberal Memory Politics” to discuss the illiberal turn of memory politics in several countries in the world. To help develop this subfield, launched by Andrea Pető and Gavriel Rosenfeld, the Journal welcomes articles that discuss memory wars and their illiberal tendencies in Central and Eastern Europe, memory battles and ‘cancel culture in the Global North, as well as more understudied places and trends of illiberal memory politics in the Global South. Articles may discuss memory politics under an illiberal regime, illiberal memory as promoted by some specific groups in politically liberal environments, and/or the concept of illiberal memory politics.
- Submission deadline: October 1, 2022
- Reviewing process: October-December 2022
- Publication: Spring 2023
- All JIS articles are available free online in an Open Access format.
- Selected articles will be offered an honorarium of 500 dollars.
- Articles should be submitted to email@example.com